COVID-19 Precautions and Updates
May 25th, 2020
The MVC will now be seeign all routine appointments. We are not allowing clientelle in the clinic at this time. Upon arrival to the clinic for you appointment please remain in your vehicle and call our clinic number from your cellphone. The receptionists will direct you from there.
Our business hours will be changing effective immediately and are as follows:
Monday – Friday 8AM-5PM
Saturday 9AM-12PM & 1PM-5PM
*After-hour emergency services will be available outside of our business hours for our active clientele. Please make all routine phone calls during our buisness hours.
For our clients who have pets that require prescription diets as and/or regular medications, we ask that you call and place orders for your food and medications well in advance. We are currently experiencing delays of up to 2 weeks for food orders.
We thank all our clientele who have been so cooperative and understanding in these changes and we appreciate everyone doing their part in social distancing.
Stay well – MVC Staff
The Mildmay Veterinary Clinic wants to do it’s due diligence in preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community. Upon booking your appointment a series of important questions will be asked by the staff to assess your risk level of being a vector for the virus. Questions such as “Have you traveled recently?” or “Are you experiencing any cold/flu/respiratory symptoms?” will be asked.
We kindly ask that you refrain from visiting us if you or any members of your household:
- Are experiencing cold/flu/respiratory symptoms.
- Have traveled to a high risk location.
- Have come into contact with someone who is experiencing cold/flu/respiratory symptoms.
- Have a compromised immune system in any way (young children, chemotherapy patients, diabetics, pregnancy, elderly, etc).
If you qualify for any of the above but your pet is experiencing a medical emergency:
- We have measures in place to assure your health, your pets health, and our staff members health.
- We will direct you accordingly over the phone when you schedule your pet’s emergency.
Additional ways to do your part:
- Please keep 6ft back from staff members and other clientele at all times.
- If possible, please do not have young children/infants present with you as their immune systems are not as strong.
- If you are elderly, please consider having another family member bring your pet in, even if you are not experiencing any clinical illness.
- If you are able, please have a credit card (Visa or MasterCard) on you for payment. This allows staff to take payment over the phone at the end of your appointment. Debit is still available but not preferred.
If you are unsure about any of the above information, or if you are needing to reschedule your pets appointment, please call the clinic at (519) 367-2691 and one of our staff members will assess you/your families risk level.